- Increases shoulder and spinal mobility.
- Stretches the hip flexors, abs, obliques, chest and shoulders.
- Strengthens the hands, wrists, arms, shoulders, back and legs.
- Improves coordination.
Yoga 15 Series
- Flexibility: vimeo.com/ondemand/yogaflexibilitychallenge
- Balance on the palm of your right hand and the outside of your right foot in Side Plank. Check that your right wrist is directly under your shoulder and reach your left hand up to the sky.
- Step your left foot onto the mat behind you, lift your hips up and arch back, reaching through your left fingertips.
- Hold the pose for 5 deep breaths, in and out through your nose.
- Take a deep breath in. And exhale, come back to Plank and repeat on the other side.
- Avoid this pose if you have a wrist, shoulder, neck, back or hip injury.