- Strengthens the feet, ankles, legs, hips, abs, back, shoulders, arms and neck.
- Increases core strength.
- Improves balance.
- Enhances focus and concentration.
Yoga 15 Series
- Stand with your feet hip-width apart, toes pointing straight ahead.
- Shift your weight into your right foot and hug your left knee into your chest.
- Take a deep breath in. Exhale, lean forward, bring your palms together at your chest and kick your left foot back. You can keep your standing leg slightly bent.
- Fix your gaze on a point that isn't moving to help you keep your balance.
- Flex your left foot and point your toes straight down. Press back through your heel.
- Try to hold the pose for 3-5 deep breaths, in and out through your nose. Keep your hips level.
- Take a deep breath in. Exhale, bend your right knee, bring your hands to the mat and step back to Downward Dog for the other side.
Rest your fingertips on the mat and bend your standing leg as much as you need to to keep your hips level.
Variation: Warrior 3 with Eagle Arms
- Avoid this pose if you have a foot, leg, hip or back injury.