- Strengthens the feet, ankles, legs, knees, hips, glutes, core, arms and shoulders.
- Stretches the calves, hamstrings, groin, hips, chest and shoulders.
- Opens up the hips.
- Can help to alleviate knee pain.
- Lower Body Strength
- Hip Opener
Yoga 15 Series
- Strength: vimeo.com/ondemand/yogastrengthchallenge
- From Mountain pose, step your left foot towards the back of the mat and turn it in slightly.
- Check that your front heel lines up with the arch of your back foot, face forwards and bring your arms up to shoulder height.
- Reach through your fingertips and drop your hips. Try to bring your front thigh parallel to the mat.
- Check that your right knee is directly over your right ankle and tracking over your second toe.
- Press back through your left foot and keep your back leg engaged.
- Make sure that your upper body is not leaning forward—stack your ribcage on top of your pelvis.
- Hold the pose for 3-5 breaths, in and out through your nose.
- Take a deep breath in. Exhale, step forward to Mountain pose and switch sides.
- Avoid this pose if you have a foot or hip injury.