- Stretches the calves, hamstrings, groin, hips, obliques, chest, shoulders and neck.
- Strengthens the feet, ankles and legs.
- Increases spinal mobility.
- Hamstring Stretch
Yoga 15 Series
- Flexibility: vimeo.com/ondemand/yogaflexibilitychallenge
- Stand with your feet about a metre apart. Turn your left foot in 30 degrees and your right foot out to face the top of your mat.
- Contract your quads and lift both arms up to shoulder height.
- Inhale, reach forward with your right fingertips. Exhale, windmill your arms and take hold of your right shin, ankle, bring your fingertips to the mat or rest them on a block.
- Check that your feet, knees and hips are stacked vertically on top of each other. Keep your quads contracted.
- Look straight ahead or up to your fingertips. Reach up to the sky.
- Stay in the pose for 5 deep breaths, in and out through your nose.
- Take a deep breath in. Exhale, bend your front knee, come back up to standing and switch to the other side.
- Avoid this pose if you have a neck, hip or back injury.