Thread The Needle
- Opens up the chest and shoulders.
- Releases tension in the neck, shoulders and upper back.
- Increases spinal mobility.
- Relaxes the body and calms the mind.
- Can help to alleviate neck and shoulder pain.
- Relieves stress.
Yoga 15 Series
- Relaxation: vimeo.com/ondemand/yogarelaxationchallenge
- Come to all fours with your wrists directly under your shoulders and your hips right above your knees.
- Inhale, sweep your right hand up to the sky, look up to your fingertips. Exhale, thread your right hand under your left arm, palm facing up. Rest your head and right shoulder on the mat.
- Bring the palm of your left hand to your sacrum.
- Seal your lips and stay in the pose for 5-10 deep breaths, breathing in and out through your nose.
- To come out of the pose, take a deep breath in, bring both palms to the mat and come up to kneeling on an exhalation.
- Repeat on the other side.
- Experiment with different arm positions. You can bring the palm of your left hand to your sacrum, take hold of your right thigh to bind the pose and deepen the stretch across your chest and shoulder, or reach your left hand towards the top of the mat to stretch your upper back. Move around in the pose until you find the release that you need.
- Avoid this pose if you have a knee, shoulder or neck injury.