- Strengthens the glutes, lower back, upper back and neck.
- Opens up the chest.
- Stretches the shoulders.
- Realigns the shoulder blades.
- Improves posture.
- Can help to alleviate lower, upper back and neck pain.
- Chest Opener/Backbend
- Lower Back Strength
Yoga 15 Series
- Relaxation: vimeo.com/ondemand/yogarelaxationchallenge
- Lie face down on the mat with your feet hip-width apart and your arms resting by your sides, palms facing up.
- Interlace your hands behind your back and press the tops of your feet into the mat.
- Inhale, lift your chest. Exhale, draw your shoulders back. Look down at the mat to avoid compressing the back of your neck.
- Hold the pose for 5-10 deep breaths, in and out through your nose. Keep pressing your feet into the mat.
- To come out of the pose, unclasp your hands, rest your right cheek on the mat and rock your hips from side to side to release your lower back.
- Avoid this pose if you have a neck, shoulder or wrist injury.