- Strengthens the feet, ankles, legs, hips and glutes.
- Opens up the hips.
- Stretches the chest, arms and shoulders.
- Can help to alleviate knee and upper back pain.
- Lower Body Strength
- Hip Opener
Yoga 15 Series
- Strength: vimeo.com/ondemand/yogastrengthchallenge
- From Downward Dog, step your right foot in between your hands in Runners Lunge.
- Sweep your arms forward and up into High Lunge.
- Inhale, interlace your fingers behind your back, extend your arms and come into a gentle backbend.
- Exhale, turn your back heel down to the mat and bring your upper body forward to the inside of your front thigh in Silver Surfer.
- Relax your neck and look at your back foot. Draw your hands over your head towards the floor and be careful not to rest your upper body on your front thigh. Keep everything engaged.
- Hold the pose for 5 deep breaths, in and out through your nose.
- Carefully release your hands, bring them down to the mat and switch sides.
- Avoid this pose if you have a shoulder, knee or back injury.