- Increases spinal mobility.
- Stretches the hamstrings, hips, upper back, shoulders, chest and neck.
- Strengthens feet, ankles and legs.
- Improves balance.
- Trains coordination.
- Enhances focus and concentration.
Yoga 15 Series
- Step your feet about a metre apart – the distance will vary from person to person.
- Point your left toes straight ahead and turn your back foot in about 45 degrees. Line up your heels.
- Square your hips to face the top of the mat.
- Bring your right hand inside, on or outside your front foot, sweep your left hand up to the sky and look down, straight ahead or up to your fingertips. Be careful not to strain your neck.
- If you can't reach the ground, bring your feet closer together and rest your bottom hand on your shin or a block.
- Stay in the pose for 3-5 breaths in and out through your nose.
- Release the pose and switch sides.
- Avoid this pose if you have a back, hip or neck injury.