- Strengthens the feet, ankles, legs, knees, hips and glutes.
- Stretches the calves, hamstrings, groin, hips, obliques, intercostals and shoulders.
- Increases spinal mobility.
- Lower Body Strength
- Hip Opener
Yoga 15 Series
- Strength: vimeo.com/ondemand/yogastrengthchallenge
- From Mountain pose, step your left foot towards the back of the mat and turn it in slightly.
- Line up your front heel with the arch of your back foot, face forwards and bring your arms up to shoulder height in Warrior 2.
- Check that your right knee is directly over your right ankle and tracking over your second toe.
- From Warrior 2, keep your front knee bent, drop your left hand down your back leg and reach your right hand up and over, palm facing down.
- Drop your hips and try to bring your front thigh parallel to the mat.
- Hold the pose for 3-5 breaths, in and out through your nose.
- Take a deep breath in. Exhale, step forward to Mountain pose and switch sides.
- Avoid this pose if you have a hip or back injury.