- Stretches the calves and hamstrings.
- Relieves compression at the lower back.
- Releases tension in the neck and shoulders.
- Can help to alleviate lower back and neck pain.
- Relieves stress.
- Forward Bend
- Hamstring Stretch
Yoga 15 Series
- Flexibility: vimeo.com/ondemand/yogaflexibilitychallenge
- Stand with your feet hip width apart, toes pointing forward. Inhale, bring your hands to your hips. Exhale, micro-bend your knees and hinge forward from the hips with a flat back. Cross your arms and hold onto opposite elbows.
- Sway gently from side to side to allow your spine to fully release. Stay in the pose for 5-10 deep breaths, in and out through the nose.
- You can keep your knees bent as this allows you to safely stretch your lower back or work towards straightening your legs to increase the stretch in the backs of your legs.
- To come out of the pose, bring your hands to your hips, keep the micro-bend in your knees and come up to standing with a flat back.
- Avoid this pose if you have a neck or back injury.