- Stretches the neck, shoulders, back, ribcage and ankles.
- Increases spinal mobility.
- Improves breathing efficiency.
- Forward Bend
Yoga 15 Series
- Flexibility: vimeo.com/ondemand/yogaflexibilitychallenge
- Kneel with your knees and feet together.
- Bring your forehead to your knees and take hold of your heels with your thumbs on the outside and fingers on the inside.
- Slowly lift your hips until your arms are straight.
- Work towards bringing the crown of your head flat to the mat with your forehead is still in contact with your knees.
- You can rest your head on a cushion if that's more comfortable.
- Pull on your feet to fully stretch your upper back and draw your shoulders away from your ears.
- Hold the pose for 5-10 deep breaths, in and out through your nose.
- Avoid this pose if you have a knee, neck, shoulder, back or knee injury.