- Strengthens the feet, ankles, legs, hips, glutes and core.
- Increases body awareness.
- Teaches correct postural alignment.
- Postural Alignment
- Stand with your feet hip-width apart, toes pointing straight ahead.
- Screw your feet into the mat to create a firm foundation. Take a deep breath, breathing deep into your diaphragm and as you exhale, gently contract your abs to support your spine.
- Draw your shoulders back, broaden your collarbones and let your arms fall naturally by your sides, palms facing inwards, fingers soft.
- Centre your head on top of your shoulders and look straight ahead.
- Align your ears over your shoulders, your ribcage over your pelvis and your hips and over your knees and ankles.
- Relax your jaw and the muscles in your face.