- Stretches the hip flexors, hamstrings and groin.
- Opens up the hips.
- Can help to alleviate lower back pain.
- Hip Opener
Yoga 15 Series
- Flexibility: vimeo.com/ondemand/yogaflexibilitychallenge
- From Downward Dog, take a deep breath in.
- Exhale, step your right foot in between your hands. Drop your left knee, release your back foot and slide it back.
- Bring your right hand inside your right foot and walk your right foot out to the edge of the mat. Sink into the stretch.
- Hold the pose for 5 deep breaths, in and out through your nose.
- Take a deep breath in. Exhale, tuck your back toes and step back to Downward Dog for the other side.
- If you have the flexibility in your hips, you can come down onto your forearms and interlace your fingers. Try not to drop your head.
- If this is too intense, you can rest your forearms on a bolster or cushions.
- Avoid this pose if you have a knee, hip or lower back injury.