Half Reclining Hero
- Stretches the ankles, knees, quads, hip flexors, abs, chest, shoulders and triceps.
- Relaxes the body and calms the mind.
- Can help to alleviate lower back pain.
- Quad Stretch
Yoga 15 Series
- Flexibility: vimeo.com/ondemand/yogaflexibilitychallenge
- From kneeling, bring your right foot flat to the mat and drop down inside your left foot. Walk your front foot out to the right as far as you need to so that both sitting bones are flat to the mat.
- Try to keep your bent knee pointing straight ahead.
- Place your hands behind you, palms down, fingertips facing forward.
- Lean back until you feel the stretch in your left quad.
- You can come down onto your elbows or lower all the way down to the mat, bring your arms up overhead and hold onto opposite elbows.
- Stay in the pose for 5 deep breaths, in and out through your nose.
- To come out of the pose, release your arms, bring your hands to the mat and carefully press yourself back up for the other side.
- If you have tight quads, you can support yourself on your hands or your elbows.
- You can put a cushion under your right hip.
- And if you feel compression at the lower back, put some cushions or pillows under your back.
- Avoid this pose if you have a knee injury.