- Improves balance.
- Strengthens the feet ankles, legs, hips, glutes and back.
- Stretches the calves, hamstrings, hips, chest and neck.
- Improves focus and concentration.
Yoga 15 Series
- From Warrior 2, bring your right fingertips to the mat just outside your front foot.
- Straighten your right leg and lift your left leg up to hip height. Flex your left foot.
- Reach your left hand up to the sky and look down, straight ahead or up to your fingertips for more of a challenge.
- Stay in the pose for 3-5 breaths, in and out through your nose.
- Take a deep breath in. Exhale, step back to Warrior 2 and switch to the other side.
- Avoid this pose if you have an ankle or hip injury.