- Strengthens the hands, wrists, arms, shoulders, back and core.
- Improves balance and body control.
- Trains focus and concentration.
- Arm Balance
Yoga 15 Series
- Come down into a squat. Touch the balls of your feet together, bring your knees out wide and place your palms on the mat in front of you, shoulder-width apart.
- Lower your upper body between your knees and press your upper arms against your shins.
- Come up to the balls of your feet, spread your fingers wide and press into your palms.
- Squeeze your knees firmly against your upper arms, lift your hips and lean forward so that your weight shifts from your feet into your hands. Keep moving forward until your feet begin to lift off the mat.
- Start by lifting one foot, then the other, then try both together.
- Try to stay in the pose for 5 deep breaths, in and out through your nose.
- When you're ready, come down into a squat.
- Avoid this pose if you have an upper body injury.