- Stretches the quads, hip flexors, abs, chest and shoulders.
- Strengthens the legs, glutes and back.
- Increases spinal mobility.
- Can help to alleviate knee, upper and lower back pain.
Yoga 15 Series
- Flexibility: vimeo.com/ondemand/yogaflexibilitychallenge
- Lie on your back with your knees bent and your feet flat on the mat, hip-width apart. Check that your toes point straight ahead.
- Rest your arms by your sides, palms facing down. Walk your feet back until your fingertips graze your heels.
- Screw your feet into the mat and lift your hips all the way up. Check that your knees point straight ahead and do not fall out to the sides or in towards each other.
- Roll your shoulder blades underneath you and come up to your edge.
- Contract your glutes to stabilise your hips.
- Hold the pose for 5 deep breaths, in and out through your nose.
- Take a deep breath in. Exhale, lower slowly down to the mat.
- Bring one hand to your belly and one hand to your chest. Walk your feet to the edges of the mat and drop both knees slowly to the right, and to the left. Windscreen wiping your knees a few times to release your lower back.
- When your flexibility allows, you can roll your shoulder blades underneath you, interlace your fingers and straighten your arms. Hold the pose for 5 deep breaths, pressing your little fingers into the mat.
- Avoid this pose if you have a neck or back injury.