THE BALANCE CHALLENGE IS DESIGNED TO INCREASE BODY AWARENESS, IMPROVE BALANCE AND PROPRIOCEPTIVE ABILITY, AND ENHANCE COORDINATION AND NEUROMUSCULAR CONTROL.
- BALANCE FOUNDATIONS – In this sequence, we’ll start to challenge our stability with some basic balancing poses.
- CORE STABILITY – In this sequence, we’ll build deep core stability in the abs, lower back, hips and pelvic floor to improve posture, minimise injury, alleviate back pain and enhance athletic performance.
- BODY CONTROL – This sequence is designed to train focus and body control.
- NEUROMUSCULAR COORDINATION – In this sequence, we’ll focus on enhancing the ability of the nervous system to communicate more efficiently with our muscles.
- CORRECT ALIGNMENT– In this sequence, we’ll focus on symmetry and correct alignment to reduce injury and improve posture.
- BALANCE TRAINING – This sequence highlights the importance of consistent practice for developing higher level balancing skills.
- MEDITATIVE BALANCE – The sequence is designed to teach focus and concentration.
- BALANCE ROTATIONS – In this sequence, we'll introduce some twists and rotations to put our bodies into positions that challenge our balance and proprioceptive ability.
- TRANSITIONAL BALANCE – In this sequence, we’ll focus on holding poses still and transitioning between postures with skill and precision.
- JOINT STRENGTH – In this sequence, we’ll focus on ankle, knee, hip and shoulder stability as a base to build muscular strength and increase natural range of motion.
- BALANCE SKILLS – In this sequence, we’ll work on improving balancing skills to reduce the risk of injury and enhance athletic performance.
- STABILISATION – In this sequence, we’ll focus on building strength in the under-developed stabiliser muscles.
- MENTAL EFFICIENCY – This sequence of complex poses challenges and strengthens networks in the brain that are useful for thinking, focus and mental efficiency.
- AGILITY – This sequence improves agility and teaches you to move with more speed and efficiency.
- EYES CLOSED – In this sequence, we challenge our balance skills by moving through the poses with eyes closed.